In the present situation the above subject has become a burning issue at all levels. These are also a process of development with which we achieve our objectives. SANSKAR in association with “Jan Sadbhavna Manch” is advocating various acts at grassroot level and state level which are related to tribal development. Governance is another area where SANSKAR has worked with the PRIs. Through networking with the community based organizations SANSKAR has reached interior villages on awareness of TB. These have become hard core essentials for formulate successful development strategy.
SANSKAR been a part of the Networking NGO “Jan Sadbhavna Manch” has participated at the “State Level Consultative Meet on the following four themes:
- CNT Act and SPT Act.
- Civil Rights
- Post Panchayati Raj Scenario Analysis and
- Land acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation Act.
SANSKAR team makes it a point to aware the common village people about their rights, about various Acts and how it effects their land ownership and about governance, how they responsibly play an active role in the Panchayat for development.
SANSKAR took an active role in the training process of the PRI members pertaining to the District of Five Blocks of Bokaro District; it was funded by social welfare dept. Jharkhand; the details below:
|No. of Block||Total Participants||No. of Batches|
The participants in the work shop were – Mukhiya, UpMukhiya and Ward Sadasya. The Object of the training was:
- To create awareness on Panchayati raj.
- To make the representatives versed with their roles and responsibility.
- To make them familiar with the importance and role in Gram panchayat and democracy.
- To build the capacity of PRI representatives so that they can effectively participate in the development of their area.
The team of SANSKAR is vigilant at the grassroot villages by making aware the common people about their roles and responsibilities they must play at the panchayat level for the overall development of their area.
SANSKAR is implementing the TB project (Funded by CARE-India, Jharkhand) in the districts of Bokaro, Dhanbad and Simdega. In each district it is working through a network of 15 community based organizations (CBOs) in all 45 CBOs in three districts. The advantage of the approach is:
- Better access at the interior village,
- Advantage of the locals in terms of language/culture
- Will know the whereabouts and when people will be available for contact.